Field Experiences for Secondary School Students
Join us for half-day programs featuring treks to a variety of habitats, data collection, and hands on investigations. All programs are aligned with HCPSS science curriculum, Environmental Literacy Standards and Next Generation Science Standards and encourage children to become engaged, to explore, and to explain what they observe. The field experiences also serve as an extension of concepts presented in the classroom. Pre and post activities are provided to make the field experience truly meaningful!
Ninth Grade Earth Science and Biology
Watershed Report Card
Ninth grade earth science and biology students participate in a year-long assessment of Howard County watersheds through stream surveys, schoolyard assessments, data analysis and advocating for change at our spring Watershed Summit. Click HERE to learn more about this award winning NOAA supported program.
- LS2.A Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- LS2.C Ecosystem Dynamic, Functioning, and Resilience
- LS4.D Biodiversity and Humans
- ESS2 Earth’s Systems
- ESS3 Earth and Human Activity
- Environmental Literacy Standard 1: Environmental Issues
- Environmental Literacy Standard 4: Populations, Communities and Ecosystems
- Environmental Literacy Standard 5: Humans and Natural Resources
- Environmental Literacy Standard 7: Environment and Society
Cost- The cost is $7 per student. There are no fees for chaperones and teachers. If your group is under 35 students, please contact Ann directly for pricing.
Learn more here
Service Learning Opportunities (early fall and spring dates available)
Students have the opportunity to work on the land. The various jobs depend on the season. Jobs may include mulching, invasive plant and/or vine removal.. There is no cost for service learning field experiences.