Our community garden is located at 10520 Old Frederick Road, Woodstock, MD 21163. We not affiliated with the Columbia Gardens
Current Community Gardener Resources:
커뮤니티 가든 규칙 또는 기타 항목을 번역하는 데 도움이 필요한 경우 Google 번역을 사용하거나 Google Chrome에서 언어 설정을 변경하십시오.
Community Garden at Mt. Pleasant
Community gardens empower individuals, knit together a stronger community, beautify local areas, and produce clean and nutritious food. The Howard County Conservancy began a community garden in 2009 at our Mt. Pleasant site in Woodstock. It provides another opportunity for the local community to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Mt. Pleasant and help meet the demand for garden sites in Howard County.
Features of the Community Garden
- Our community garden includes a pollinator garden to attract beneficial insects and wildlife
- The deer fencing surrounding the garden protects plants from deer browse
- Water, wood chips and a compost bin are provided for gardeners
- The Conservancy hosts workshops and lectures of interest to gardeners. Be sure to check our upcoming events.
- We make regular donations to local food banks. In 2019, our Community Gardens donated over 3,400 pounds of fresh vegetables to the Howard County Food Bank!
|Plot Size||Annual Rental Fee||Garden Entrance Fee||Service Hour Requirements|
|Half Plot 10' x 12'||$23||$63||4 hours annually|
|Full Plot 20' x 25'||$56||$125||8 hours annually|
- The plots at the Conservancy must be gardened with holistic, sustainable growing practices, using integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy and BayWise practices, using only pesticides on the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) list
- Plots must be planted, maintained and weeded throughout the growing season
- Each member of the community garden is required to complete service hours to help maintain the common areas of the garden