Hike to the Patapsco River
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
April 29, 9:00am-11:30pm / FREE
Join Conservancy Naturalist Woody Merkle and members of the Mountain Club of Maryland on a 2.5-hour, approximately 4-mile round trip hike across meadows, tree lines and paths through the woods from the Howard County Conservancy to the Patapsco River. The trail involves some some hilly and rocky areas. Please wear sturdy shoes that can get muddy, bring a reusable water bottle and perhaps a walking stick (if desired).
Hike Details and Info:
- The hike will begin in front of the Gudelsky Environmental Education Center (large gray building) promptly at 9:00am and will be approximately 2-2.5 hours long (approximately 4 miles, round trip).
- The trail involves some some hilly and rocky areas.
- Please remember to dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes that can get muddy.
- Please bring snacks and plenty of water and feel free to fill your reusable bottle at the filtered water station in our Nature Center.
- Though dogs on leash are permitted on our grounds, please refrain from bringing your pet on this hike.
FREE–Space will be limited, advance registration requiredRegister Now!
Photo by Brian Roache Photography
Online registration ends 24 hours prior to the event. If a program is canceled by the Conservancy, participants will be notified and offered a refund. All other program fees are non-refundable and support educational programs at the Conservancy. Organized groups may not be able to be accommodated at our free programs. Please contact the Conservancy about scheduling a separate program for your group.